The Telon Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Resource for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Beginner Rogue Tactics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gynormus

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-07

Beginner Rogue Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Beginner Rogue Tactics   Beginner Rogue Tactics I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 4:49 pm

How to Play a Vanguard Rogue--As Written by a new 22nd Level Rogue--Please be kind and teach me where I am incorrect.

What is a Rogue?
Death Dealer/Intel collector/Thief
Vital Stats-Strength, Dex

Sneak is your friend—should enter every fight stealthed, As soon as you are out of combat, the first thing you should do is restealth--sometimes in the middle of the fight, you can restealth.

In order to collect good intel, you can enter areas without pulling aggro to let the rest of the party know what is coming and how to plan the fight.

Spells and Uses:

Ravage-Must enter Stealthed, out of Combat, and behind an enemy--Deals MAJOR Damage. Open with this one if able
Blackjack-Stealthed, out of Combat, and behind an enemy-Your main contribution to a group. Stuns target for 60 secs, as long as target is not touched during that time
Lacerate-Use any time (Often!)-Your bread and butter spell. Good DOT
Backstab-Must be behind target-Good group spell, not as good solo. EXCELLENT combination with Trick Strike (warp)
Clout-Stuns target 6 secs, not much damage, but out of a fight for a few secs
Knee Break-Slows target--Good with Clout to disengage if necessary
Wicked Strikes-Lacerate without the DOT
Trick Strike-Requires Flash Powder, allows warp to behind target--Good way to get a backstab solo
Blinding Flash-Requires Flash Powder-If no enemy has aggro on you, use this to restealth--useful in a group, useless solo.

Hemmorage/Impale-First Finishing chain when you hit a crit
Shank/Shiv-Second Finishing chain on a crit

Useful Macros for these
Ravage/Lacerate-Opening hit--Good Damage, plus good DOT
Blackjack/assist (tank)-In a group, this will take your guy out of the fight and retarget to the tanks target.
Clout/Knee Break-Good solo Macro to disengage or kite
Trick Strike/Backstab-Peas and Carrots--this is why you play a Rogue...
Knee Break/Wicked Strikes/Lacerate-This is your nuke without requirements!

With all of these macros running, your endurance will suffer-pump endurance as often as possible!!

Need a good team leader:

With a good team leader, blackjack is his best friend—Knocks opponent out of a fight before the fight starts—30 secs of stunned, without losing stealth, as the tanks starts the pull. If the stunned target gets hit, he wakes up, so Blackjack and nobody target the blackjacked person. A good Team leader will use marks tol tell the entire party who not to hit!

Opening attack should be Ravage—a Good Macro here will allow a ravage and Lacerate to deal a high DPS with DOT to enter the fight. Rogues always fight from behind. A Monk with his warp to the back while pulling aggro will turn the target around so the Rogue never even has to run to the back—excellent combination.

A rogue, solo, can play with one at a time. The Ravage, Lacerate combo, will not one-hit many things of the same level, and you will lose stealth and pull aggro on the next round. So blackjack and pull one as necessary. Stealth is a good way to avoid fights as well—sneak around everything, until you get to the guy you need—Then pull him solo and take him down!

Poisons—Use them! At earlier levels, invaluable for providing extra dmg with no cost. Some grinding is required to get advanced poisons. Unfortunately, some of the better poison components are not available without pickpocketing—so practice when you can—pick characters to practice on that you don’t mind killing—looking for a good place to grind this…

There is much more, I am sure, but these are the basic Lessons I have Learned!! Thanks are absolutely Required of Siyer, of the Triton guild, for taking a night to teach me these lessons, and not kill me on my first raid into Tsang's...
Back to top Go down

Beginner Rogue Tactics
Page 1 of 1