The Telon Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Resource for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Guide to Live Gamer Service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zedar
Admin
Zedar

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-01-02

General Guide to Live Gamer Service Empty
PostSubject: General Guide to Live Gamer Service   General Guide to Live Gamer Service I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 9:00 am

Many folks have asked about the new Live Gamer Service and how to get started! Signing up for the service gives a great ingame item (A ring for either adventuring, crafting or harvesting - only one per account though).

I want to be clear that I don't necessarily sanction this service or it's use, but it's here and folks want to know about it I guess....

First of all - you'll need to start a Paypal account.

What is Paypal?
PayPal is a free, secure online account that stores your credit card and bank details, enabling you to pay online quickly and safely.

I've used Paypal myself for many years and have never had a problem with it. I've bought and sold many things on Ebay with Paypal and it's pretty much a standard way to do business online. It's safe as long as you don't share your information and don't leave your computer vulnerable with viruses, spyware, etc. It uses encrypted, secure connections at all times and is the industry leader for online trade. You will have to provide routing numbers for your bank account so that you can get paid and the verification process can take up to a week - but once you have it, you have it! It's also a great way to transfer money to someone a long distance away - say a kid at college, etc. One thing to remember about using Paypal is that there is a waiting period between transactions - usually 3-4 days. So if you do happen to sell something - don't expect your money in your account for a week or so - this allows a bit of security for both parties to a transaction.

Next you'll need to sign up for the Live Gamer Service. To do that you'll first need to navigate to the Live Gamer Website, obviously! Next navigate to the Vanguard Exchange and click to register an account. Follow the instructions, enter your Paypal information (Your personal details must match with your Paypal account or it will be rejected!!) and once completed, they will send you an email to verify your address. Once that's complete you'll need to add in your Vanguard account information, and viola! You're done!

You should recieve an email after a few minutes with an activation code to get your ingame item!

------------------------------------
Back to top Go down

General Guide to Live Gamer Service
Page 1 of 1