The Telon Times
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Community Resource for Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Genesis Questline

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zedar
Admin
Zedar

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Genesis Questline Empty
PostSubject: Genesis Questline   Genesis Questline I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:34 pm

Most of this information comes from this original post on VG crafters with some updates from yours truly! Smile

Note: The XP is fantastic on this questline!

--------------------------------------------------

The crafting quest from Geoffery in NT is a level 51 quest. I could take it on my 50 smith and 50 carpenter. I don't know how low you can be to take it, but here's some info for you all to add to what Kheldar has posted - written from memory:

Talk to Geoffrey to get the quest. He is located in the New Horizens Trading area of NT. The easiest way to get there is to head through the south "arch" from the NT crafting area and follow the path. It'll take you through the House Hilthorn area and into the New Horizons Trading area. Find the "Merchants Daughter" tavern and you should see Geoffery! He asks you to talk to him again, then investigate the rumors he has heard. Talking to him again gets you a name - Alison McTade (sp?) on the NT docks.

Talk to Alison. She's located inside a building on the NT docks (First building to the left as you come out of the tunnel) She tells you she has a genesis item but won't give it to you unless you give her 5 mithril ingot, 5 dusky wood boards or 5 . There are refining stations on the docks (forges are outside and behind her building, artificer table is on the dock nearby). Bring your own mats. Giving her the refined mats nets you the Genesis tool, which is broken. Take this back to Geoffrey who rewards you with 1,000,000 crafting XP (at level 50) a crafting shirt and crafting pants. My level 50 bar moved 16% with that one million XP, btw.

Geoffrey's next quest takes you to Luccan, the bookseller just off the crafting square. Doing so gets you another 750,000 xp (yay, another 8% jump). He has the next quest, to collect all 10 of the genesis parts. He also has two level 47 recipes on him, for spellcrafting and enchantment crafting, both of which require his flag, from completing the quest series.

The genesis parts are located all throughout Telon - the part near Khal, the part near Tanvu and the part near CB are easiest to get with a flying mount - so make sure you get one before you rift to these hubs as there aren't mount vendors handy. You get POI's for all of these items, so it's fairly straightforward and pretty easy.

Once you have all 10 pieces, Luccan asks you to repair the genesis. This is a tough assignment - it's a finishing recipe with only 1800 action points, requiring a grade B or better. Completing this part and returning to Luccan nets some more nice XP and hints at talking to the 2 gnomes in Ahgram (Joley and Zold (sp?) from the Nelon quest). Luccan first sends you back to geoffrey who confirms your next destination as Ahgram. *** Important! You'll need a quest from Geoffery to get Joley and Zold to speak with you - I had trouble getting the quest and I'm not sure why - you may need to visit Luccan a 2nd time and then go back to Geoffery. This worked for me, though it may have just been lag.

Upon entering Ahgram, follow the first path to the right as you enter the city. A little ways around the corner (again to the right!) you'll see Joley and Zold off to the side in a doorway. The two gnomes want to help but need a favor before they can do so, they need new thieves tools - another finishing recipe with only 1750 action points. Make 4 new tools for them and they will tell you that in order to steal the next part of the genesis, they need you to create a distraction - empty a bag of critters in the middle of the local inn. (Also in Ahgram) An easy way for some more big XP.

Return to NT, where you are asked to test the contraption - yes, another 1750 action point finishing recipe - only to find that you are still missing one piece, and have no idea where to find it. But the Coinman does. He's in Khal, so off you go to interrogate him. You'll find him at the Tradewinds Tavern that's just to the east of the bank. Take the info you recieve back to Luccan who tells you the last piece can be found up outside Bordinars Cleft.

The best way to get to this spot is to take a flying mount from Beranid Hills - the place you need to find is on the top of a mountain, so using the flying mount you'll have just enough time to fly in - talk with the NPC and fly back to the riftway. Don't bother going to the city of Bordinar's Cleft - you'll just get lost like I did! Very Happy

When you get there, the Coinman is there as well. Speak to the ghost guarding the item. He asks for a crafted item of great beauty and workmanship. You return to Luccan who gives you a recipe for such an item. For blacksmiths, its a piece of armor that requires you to make two pieces to grade B (1750 action points again) and then assemble them together with a mithril sheet and a truesilver sheet (bring your own mats). You'll need to find an assembly table for this! The assembly nets you a piece of red armor (unwearable) but of sufficient skill and beauty to appease the spirit in BC. For an artificer, you'll need to have 1 dusky and 1 umber board for the assembly recipe. Return to the spirit who rewards you with the missing piece.

Once you have the piece from the spirit, return to Luccan to receive the genesis, a crafting tool which magically changes shape to other crafting tools and has +21 crafting tool and +85 tool effectiveness on it. At the end of the quest series, you also learn the two new recipes and I was 90% into level 51.

Incidentally, you'll get a new crafting shirt, pants, boots, hat, gloves and an apron during this quest series. These are heavy on the +finesse and lighter on the others. The stats alone weren't better than the level 45 blue gear I was already wearing. Where the new gear shines is in the plus's given to other stats. Wearing the whole set gives a huge boost to crafting tools, station and utility stats which may outweigh the fact that, even with an attribute reallocation, some of my attributes simply aren't as high as with the old gear I was wearing (though still easily (lvl*10)+1. You also get a 70 slot utility bag and a 6 slot toolbelt, which can be good if you don't have silius' bag and/or APW crafting gear on one or more of your crafting toons.

I started this quest after just hitting level 51. It gave me enough xp for level 52 and three quarters into the next level!! Even if you don't care about the items, the xp makes this quest a must for any crafter!!
Back to top Go down
Zedar
Admin
Zedar

Male
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Genesis Questline Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genesis Questline   Genesis Questline I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:48 pm

Updated a bit... might add some pix when I can!
Back to top Go down

Genesis Questline
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Telon Times  :: Guides :: Crafting-
Jump to: